Thursday, March 11, 2010

Got My Non-ID From NY and.......

it SUCKS!!!! NOTHING! NADA! ZILCH!

OK, so now I know my mother was 16 (not 14 like I was told). Her highest level of education was 8th grade. She got prenatal care starting in her 2nd month and carried me to full term despite uterine bleeding in her 3rd trimester. I was 5 lbs, 4 oz. My adoption was handled through Albany County Social Services, who will send me any additional non-ID info per request from the state. Of course there was nothing about my father at all!

So, nothing about height, weight, hair color, eye color, etc. Nothing about the circumstances that led to my relinquishment except the stuff about involving Albany County DSS. I guess it's more than I knew yesterday but nothing screams a slap in the face more than a bunch of lines stating "not reported". I don't know....how can I feel worse now than I did before? It's like I finally crossed that line where my adoption has been confirmed by the state of NY but I still am not privy to information afforded all citizens except adoptees! For crying out loud........NO ONE FRICKING WROTE DOWN THE COLOR OF MY MOTHER'S HAIR? "NOT REPORTED"? WHAT'S TO REPORT?! LOOK AT THE WOMAN AND MAKE A NOTE! FOR GOD'S SAKE! What a load of crap!!!!

No comments: